NEIL J. KOREN
Mr. Koren is a partner in the Business Department. He represents managers of hedge funds, crossover or hybrid funds, venture capital funds, private equity funds and real estate funds and other investment advisers. Mr. Koren seeks to provide superior legal advice, while sharing his practical insights gathered from representing a broad spectrum of clients in the investment advisory business.
Services that Mr. Koren provides include:
- Structuring and documenting offshore and domestic hedge funds, crossover or hybrid funds, venture capital funds, private equity funds and real estate funds.
- Registering and advising investment advisers.
- Structuring and advising limited liability companies and preparing and negotiating limited liability company operating agreements.
- Preparing and negotiating employment agreements.
- Preparing and negotiating investment management agreements.
Prior to joining our Firm, Mr. Koren was associated with Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP in New York City.
Mr. Koren is admitted to the Bars of the State of California and New York. Mr. Koren speaks at several hedge fund industry conferences and is a member of the West Coast Executive Committee of Hedge Funds Care.
Mr. Koren received his B.A. from the University of Michigan and his J.D., magna cum laude,from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. In law school, Mr. Koren was the Editor-in-Chief of the Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal and was awarded the Felix Frankfurter Award.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE