Currently, we have the following opening:
Family Wealth Planning Secretary
The incumbent legal secretary will have the skills to interact with clients, attorneys, staff, and outside vendors, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. This position requires demonstrated organizational and file management skills, excellent proofreading skills, and the ability to handle large volumes of confidential client information in a professional and trustworthy manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to attorneys, including calendaring and travel arrangements.
- Draft, edit, and finalize correspondence, reports, and/or other materials as requested.
- Prepare initial drafts of estate planning and estate administration documents.
- Finalize wills, trusts, grant deeds, and related documents for signing.
- Proofread all work including correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents.
- Prepare engagement letters and other client retention documents.
- Open and maintain client files, both in hard copy and electronic format.
- Manage attorney contacts and calendar.
- Screen incoming calls, record messages, and read, sort, and process mail.
- Establish and maintain calendar and deadline reminder systems.
- Maintaining systematic follow-up systems to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Enter attorney time into financial system.
- Process, review, and edit client bills.
- Prepare expense reimbursement requests.
- File documents with probate court and recorder/assessor’s offices.
Please download the PDF for additional details.
Please note the job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Resumes may be submitted to Lisa Jensen, via mail, fax (at 415-421-2922), or e-mail at email@example.com. Ms. Jensen may also be contacted at 415-421-6500.