We have the following openings:
CASE CLERK – LITIGATION
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of duties under the direct supervision of paralegals and attorneys in all aspects of litigation work, focusing on the organization and maintenance of documents information. Perform online filings, complete court runs, and other miscellaneous duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist paralegals and attorneys with the organization of documents for court filings.
- Draft enclosure letters for recording or filing of original documents.
- Verify proper execution of legal documents.
- Obtain filing checks and coordinates with Accounting.
- Conducting all manner of discovery-related tasks, including preparation of exhibits, compile, bate stamp, and photocopy discovery requests and responses.
- Database searches using Relativity/Ipro and other online database systems.
- Document review and organization and deposition preparation.
- Input data on the system.
- Photocopy, scan and fax documents.
- Create binders or materials needed for attorneys in trial.
- Review and organize written discovery responses.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively with directions from the paralegals and attorneys.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, well organized.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Desire to learn and cross-train in various clerical functions.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on assigned tasks, and provide status reports.
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Good attendance and willingness to work overtime as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior law office experience is preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
SALARY RANGE: The anticipated hourly salary wage range the Firm reasonably expects to pay candidates for the position of $38.46 to $41.20. The final annual salary wage offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and years of experience in the job, type and years of experience in the industry, education, and other factors.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This is a non-exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Resumes may be submitted to Lisa Jensen, via mail, fax (at 415-421-2922), or e-mail at email@example.com.