Mr. Suozzi is a member of the Firm’s Investment Funds & Advisers and Corporate Departments. He received his undergraduate degree in finance and international business, and he brings a practical, solution-oriented and business-focused approach to advising clients. He has developed a broad base of experience in general corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, corporate governance and investment advisory issues.
Mr. Suozzi’s Investment Funds & Advisers practice focuses on counseling investment advisers (including advisers to hedge funds, venture funds, private equity funds and separately-management accounts) in all aspects of their businesses, including:
- Investment management firm organization and structuring, including negotiations among founders;
- Employment and bonus agreements;
- Fund formation and structuring, including domestic and offshore funds;
- Separately-managed account agreements;
- Federal and state securities compliance and other regulatory matters, including SEC and CFTC registration and ongoing compliance;
- Compliance and internal investment management issues; and
- General ongoing investment management firm and fund operating issues.
Mr. Suozzi’s general business practice focuses on providing practical advice and counseling to a range of clients, from startups to mid-sized public companies. His experience includes:
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions;
- Advising on all aspects of public reporting requirements, including drafting and advising regarding proxy statements, Forms 10-Q and 10-K filings;
- Advising regarding corporate governance issues;
- Drafting and negotiating start-up agreements, including early financing rounds agreements and corporate structuring; and
Mr. Suozzi began his legal career at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where he worked on mergers and acquisitions for private equity clients.