Mr. Frolik has been a partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department since 2007. Since he joined the firm in 2000 out of law school, he has specialized in representing investment advisers (including advisers to hedge funds, real estate/VC/private equity funds, other private investment funds and separately-managed accounts). The Firm’s investment adviser and private fund practice group has a national reputation and includes five other partners (Jahan Raissi, Neil Koren, Christina Hamilton, David Suozzi and Anthony Caldwell) and a number of other attorneys. The entire group is located in our San Francisco office and most of us have worked together for decades. This cohesiveness helps us deliver services to clients efficiently and with minimal turnover.
He is regularly listed in the International Who’s Who of Private Funds Lawyers, which features only the foremost practitioners.
Mr. Frolik counsels clients on a wide variety of issues including:
- Structuring domestic and offshore investment funds (including hedge funds, real estate/VC/private equity funds, marketplace lending funds, crossover public/private funds and special opportunity funds)
- Organizing investment management firms, including preparing and negotiating operating agreements among the owners of those companies
- Counseling investment advisers on federal and state regulatory issues (including SEC, CFTC, and state registration and ERISA) and advising them on all aspects of their ongoing operations
- Preparing and negotiating employment and severance agreements for a firm’s executive officers, portfolio managers, analysts, traders and other employees
- Preparing and negotiating investment management agreements for separately-managed accounts
- Preparing compliance manuals
- Negotiating fund administration agreements
- Negotiating ISDA agreements