Ms. Fedor has a broad-based practice handling commercial real property transactions nationwide. Her clients primarily include developers, institutional and private owners of and investors in real property, and technology companies and other corporate users of commercial real estate. She was previously a partner with SSL Law Firm after more than ten years as a director/shareholder of Ellman Burke Hoffman & Johnson. Prior to that, she was a Deputy City Attorney for the City and County of San Francisco, where she acted as primary counsel to the City’s Real Estate Department and PUC Bureau of Land Management.
Ms. Fedor has particular expertise in acquisitions and sales (office, industrial, residential and mixed use), leasing (office, industrial and retail, both landlord and tenant side), financing (primarily borrower side), and structuring and development. In recent years she has represented several technology and consumer products companies in the acquisition and development of corporate campuses and major facilities sites, and currently serves as national real estate counsel to several of them, handling all real estate and facilities needs.
- Riots! Pandemics! Active Shooters! Thinking About the Unthinkable When Negotiating Real Estate Documents (The ACREL Papers, 2016, & The Practical Real Estate Lawyer, 2017)
- Construction and Development Lending (PLI, 2004)
- Negotiating Flexibility into the Lease (CLE International, 2004)
- The Borrower’s Financing Agenda: A Practical Guide (PLI, 2001)
- Office Leasing: Drafting and Negotiating the Lease (CEB, 2001) – update author
- Commercial Leases and Insurance (PLI, 1997) – co-author
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers: Fall Meeting, New York. Topic/Program: “Hot Topics: Riots! Pandemics! Active Shooters! Thinking About the Unthinkable When Negotiating Real Estate Documents” (2016).
- Practicing Law Institute: “Commercial Real Estate Institute,” San Francisco. Topic/Program: “Purchases, Sales and Closings” (Annually 2011 through 2017).
- Real Property Law Section Retreat; California State Bar Association, Napa, CA. Topic/Program: “The New Normal in Commercial Real Estate Leasing” (2013).
- CREW-SF, San Francisco. Topic/Program (Moderator): “The Resilient REIT” (2012).
- Practicing Law Institute: “Commercial Real Estate Institute,” San Francisco. Topic/Program: “Lending, Mortgages and Beyond” (2008 & 2010).
- CLE International: “National Negotiating Leases Conference,” Phoenix, AZ. Topic/Segments: “Assignment and Subletting” and “Insurance: The Proper Allocation of Risk in Commercial Leases” (2008).
- CLE International: “San Francisco Negotiating Leases Conference,” San Francisco. Topic/Segment: “Assignment and Subletting” (2007 & 2008).
- Practicing Law Institute: “Commercial Real Estate Institute,” San Francisco. Topic/Program: “Demonstration: Sample Negotiation of Mortgage Commitment and Loan Documents” (Annually 2004 through 2007).
- Practicing Law Institute: “Commercial Real Estate Financing: What Borrowers and Lenders Need to Know Now,” San Francisco. Topic/Program: “Construction and Development Lending” (2004).
- CLE International; “California Negotiating Leases Conference,” San Francisco. Topic/Program: “Building Flexibility into Leases” (2004).
- Bar Association of San Francisco; “Commercial Tenants, Landlords and Bankruptcy” (2004)
- Practicing Law Institute; “Commercial Real Estate Financing: What Borrowers and Lenders Need to Know Now;” San Francisco. Topic/Program: “The Borrower’s Agenda” (2001).
- California Continuing Education of the Bar, “Recent Developments in Real Property Law,” Various locations in Northern California. (Annually 1996 through 1998)
- CREW San Francisco: President (2017); Network Delegate (2016); Board Member (2016-2018); Governance Committee (2014, 2016, 2017 & 2018 (Chair)); Foundation Champion (2012).
- Elected Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Elected Member, Lambda Alpha International – Golden Gate Chapter
- Member, California State Bar Association; Real Property Law Section.