JOB TITLE: Corporate Legal Secretary
FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Assigned Attorneys
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of advanced secretarial duties including preparing legal documents, correspondence, closing binders, court, SEC and other governmental filings. Maintains close contact with attorneys, paralegals and clients; observes confidentiality of all legal documents and firm matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft correspondence with regard to clients and various regulatory agencies as well as preparation of closing documents with minimum supervision and instruction.
- Perform electronic SEC filings via the Edgar System.
- Perform broad range of clerical duties which require knowledge of procedures and specialized terminology.
- Maintain attorney calendar and travel arrangements
- Use discretion and good judgment when contacting clients.
- Process incoming mail, enter attorney time on system, and prepare expense reports.
- Organize and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Assume responsibility for special projects, including paralegal tasks.
- Provide administrative and overflow support.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, well organized.
- Desire to learn and cross-train in various different departments’ secretarial functions.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Good discretion and judgment and observance of confidential nature of all legal documents.
- Integrate with and support the entire corporate team.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, efiling and Edgar filings.
- Ability to type 60 wpm and be able to transcribe dictations and telephone messages.
- Proofread documents to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Photocopy, and mail/messenger/Fed-Ex Documents.
- Strong problem solving and multitasking skills to ensure documents are timely filed.
- Self-Starter with common sense and good initiative with strong secretarial and organizational skills.
- Willingness to assist and cooperate with others.
- Good knowledge of English language, grammar and spelling.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of four years of corporate experience in a law firm.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This is a non-exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please note the job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Resumes may be submitted to Lisa Jensen, via mail, fax (at 415-421-2922), or e-mail at email@example.com. Ms. Jensen may also be contacted at 415-421-6500.