We have the following opening:
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of firm’s Information Technology strategy and operations, including evaluating, managing, patching and securing existing IT systems, and selecting and implementing new technology and policies.
- Areas of responsibility include: cybersecurity, telecommunications, network and server infrastructure, desktop computers and servers; software, including desktop and server operating systems, productivity software, document management software, and litigation support software.
- Supervises IT personnel and third party IT vendors.
- Prepares the IT budget and monitors it throughout the year; advises on methods of attaining the appropriate level of technology in the firm.
- Analyzes the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs. Recommends overall goals and direction of the firm’s technology systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the COO, managers and attorneys to select and implement technology to support the Firm’s business needs and objectives.
- Manages, schedules, and assigns projects to members of the IT team.
- Monitors available threat information to assess risks that may impact the Firm.
- Ensures the integrity, availability, and security of data and systems owned, operated, managed, or hosted by the Firm.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize data loss and disruption to business operations in the event of disasters, cyber incidents or other emergencies.
- Monitors IT systems, resources, and operating costs to ensure adequate performance and system availability.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Extremely detail oriented, reliable, and well organized.
- Highly proficient in the latest technology for IT systems and management tools.
- Expert in Microsoft Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Exchange, VMware vSphere, Citrix XenApp, iManage, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent professional attitude, with the ability to work with the COO, managers, attorneys and the entire IT team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five to ten years of experience in a senior IT Department management position, preferably in a law firm or other professional services setting
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
Please refer to PDF for more details.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Resumes may be submitted to Lisa Jensen, via mail, fax (at 415-421-2922), or e-mail at email@example.com.