The Shartsis Friese Real Estate Fund Formation team focuses on funds, joint ventures and other pooled investment vehicles that invest in all real estate asset classes.
- Our team of experienced fund formation, real estate, corporate, and tax lawyers provides practical and cost-effective solutions for issues affecting all areas of real estate fund formation and operation.
- We provide comprehensive advice to several hundred investment fund managers and have been recognized as one of the top investment fund practices in the world.
- Our team advises both well-established institutional clients and first time fund sponsors, as well as family offices, private foundations, and high net worth individuals.
- We provide advice on all aspects of structuring, negotiating and launching funds and investment management companies, including regulatory and compliance issues associated with managing funds.
- Our team includes former SEC lawyers who represent public companies, investment advisers, broker-dealers and other financial services professionals, investors and company insiders in regulatory and civil investigations and proceedings of all types.
- We routinely advise clients on all aspects of commercial real estate, including the acquisition, development, financing, and disposition of office, industrial, multi-family residential, hotel, winery, vineyard and other agricultural properties.
- Our lawyers have significant experience restructuring and repositioning distressed real estate assets and loans, including loan workouts, loan enforcement, real property foreclosures, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, and dispositions of mezzanine loan collateral under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.