Our employment attorneys provide vigorous yet cost-effective representation to the firm’s clients. We represent public entities, businesses and individuals in the defense of high-stakes employment related claims, including wrongful termination, age, race, disability, pregnancy and political affiliation discrimination, hostile work environment and quid pro quo sexual harassment.
In addition to our litigation services, we regularly counsel clients on employment and personnel issues. We can assist businesses in evaluating and developing appropriate sexual harassment and anti-discrimination policies and in properly responding to employee complaints.
Our attorneys also have substantial experience in negotiating executive termination packages on behalf of departing executives. Our clients in this area have included public officials and executives in Silicon Valley and in the securities, health care and newspaper industries.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Wrongful termination and other employment disputes
- Protection of trade secrets as employees depart
- Avoidance of litigation when hiring employees from competitors
- Non-compete and other contract-based claims
- Fraud and breach of fiduciary duty
- Investigation and remedy of illegal harassment allegations
- Legal obligations to grant leaves of absence and otherwise accommodate disabilities, balanced against the employer’s ability to regulate attendance and performance
- Overtime classification, breaks, hours worked, wage payment and other compliance with California and federal wage and hour laws
- Proper selection and processing of workforce reductions
- Discipline, discharge and severance
- Investigations of workplace violence and establishment of appropriate protective measures
- Effective and lawful hiring processes
- Employee privacy protections
- Insurance coverage for various employment-related disputes